So now that I have a 3.5 month old I do believe I'll pick up blogging again. I was reading Cody Vance's blog today and it really inspired me to right down what I'm going through presently. I like to write simply because I have to think about what I say before I publish it...and I really need to do that not just on the Internet but in real life!
I'm currently sitting with Angel in my lap watching her flail her arms about and nibble on her hands. She amazes me every day we wake up together, I can't believe she's a real little person and she's MY responsibility. The meaning of life still eludes me even though I've had the privilege of bringing someone into this world. In fact I'm a bit more lost on the purpose of life watching it unfold from the beginning stages. For those of you who knew me in high school I was into the goth thing, I still am, just not so obvious about it : p. I once read a goth say that Ecclesiastes is the emo/goth book of the bible and I tend to agree. I often ponder on scriptures like these Eccl. 7:2 "It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
Death and life are so intertwined it's inevitable...so why do we chose to ignore it? Or even fear it? I really don't want to spend most of my short life holding onto things that will only keep me from getting deeper with the Lord. The sooner I can grab hold of this the sooner I can allow Him to use me. Christ is really what gives me hope through this journey called life, I hate to sound like such a bummer but this is honestly how I feel and think, if that's wrong well maybe some changing needs to happen. Though I question the purpose of life and why God deals with all of this stuff I still can say I love what He's given me, a loving faithful husband and a beautiful daughter...man I don't deserve such awesomeness! Well I guess that's it for my loosely related thoughts of the day, now to get some chores done.
Comments
Post a Comment