community-b. Sharing, participation, and fellowship.
I had no idea how much I needed this ^ until I experienced it.
It's almost as if God designed man to feel incomplete without deep community between brothers in the church. It's been a tough run trying to find people that I really felt I could connect with. But I feel that I'm on the verge if not already beginning to experience community between women in my church. It's funny because we've been having ladies bible study and we've had TWO meetings and I already feel alive in my spirit! I'm not sure what else to say other than younger women NEED friendships with older women in the church. We have to be able to learn from each other and stop making excuses for not pursuing relationships.
I hope the church as a whole can really invest itself in covenant relationships that are bound with unconditional love. If we don't do this we will suffer spiritually and emotionally. It's hard definitely, you have to be patient and understanding and give a crap about someone other than yourself but isn't that what God call us to anyway? Might as well make a friend in the process.
1 John 3:16 "We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."
Can we get to this point? I really hope so...
I had no idea how much I needed this ^ until I experienced it.
It's almost as if God designed man to feel incomplete without deep community between brothers in the church. It's been a tough run trying to find people that I really felt I could connect with. But I feel that I'm on the verge if not already beginning to experience community between women in my church. It's funny because we've been having ladies bible study and we've had TWO meetings and I already feel alive in my spirit! I'm not sure what else to say other than younger women NEED friendships with older women in the church. We have to be able to learn from each other and stop making excuses for not pursuing relationships.
I hope the church as a whole can really invest itself in covenant relationships that are bound with unconditional love. If we don't do this we will suffer spiritually and emotionally. It's hard definitely, you have to be patient and understanding and give a crap about someone other than yourself but isn't that what God call us to anyway? Might as well make a friend in the process.
1 John 3:16 "We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren."
Can we get to this point? I really hope so...
Comments
Post a Comment