Cara Muhlhahn CNM on child labor and birth-
"A woman really doesn't need to be rescued...It's not the place for the night in shining armor. Its the place for her to face her darkest moment and lay claim to her victory..."
This statement has resonated with me for awhile now and the more I delve into this other world of "natural" birth the more I feel compelled to become apart of it. I am indebted to the amazing women that attended my birth, the nurses, the midwife, my sister and of course my husband who is not a woman haha.
How can I describe to you what I felt the moment the midwife put my warm gooey baby in my arms?
There is nothing like it.
I went from experiencing the most intense feelings my body has ever felt (painful yes) to total heavenly joy and awe.
The things I remember most about my birth experience were afterward...holding my warm baby, kissing her soft cheek, bathing with her in herbs, nursing her while we lay together as a family on the bed in our birthing room.
People think I'm crazy when I say "You should go natural!" but what I'm really trying to say is "You should experience what I experienced! The intesity and overwhelming gift of the moment isn't fully experienced in the one size fits all hospital set up."
I am a believer in women.
I believe women have the God given capacity to give birth naturally.
Trust me...if I can do it...any (low risk) woman can!
This passion for encouraging postive birth experiences for women has lead me to pursue a career in this area. I am currently planning on attending school to enter into the RN program at lonestar college. Please pray for me! I don't think it will be easy but this is something that I'm actually excited and passionate about : )
This was a shorter post than I thought but theres not much left to say. I am so happy with what God has given me and I pray that He would bless others the same way!
One of my fav clips in the business of being born 3:36-6:26
"A woman really doesn't need to be rescued...It's not the place for the night in shining armor. Its the place for her to face her darkest moment and lay claim to her victory..."
This statement has resonated with me for awhile now and the more I delve into this other world of "natural" birth the more I feel compelled to become apart of it. I am indebted to the amazing women that attended my birth, the nurses, the midwife, my sister and of course my husband who is not a woman haha.
How can I describe to you what I felt the moment the midwife put my warm gooey baby in my arms?
There is nothing like it.
I went from experiencing the most intense feelings my body has ever felt (painful yes) to total heavenly joy and awe.
The things I remember most about my birth experience were afterward...holding my warm baby, kissing her soft cheek, bathing with her in herbs, nursing her while we lay together as a family on the bed in our birthing room.
People think I'm crazy when I say "You should go natural!" but what I'm really trying to say is "You should experience what I experienced! The intesity and overwhelming gift of the moment isn't fully experienced in the one size fits all hospital set up."
I am a believer in women.
I believe women have the God given capacity to give birth naturally.
Trust me...if I can do it...any (low risk) woman can!
This passion for encouraging postive birth experiences for women has lead me to pursue a career in this area. I am currently planning on attending school to enter into the RN program at lonestar college. Please pray for me! I don't think it will be easy but this is something that I'm actually excited and passionate about : )
This was a shorter post than I thought but theres not much left to say. I am so happy with what God has given me and I pray that He would bless others the same way!
One of my fav clips in the business of being born 3:36-6:26
Comments
Post a Comment