Skip to main content

Hollow

The hollow nagging feeling that’s been in the pit of my stomach for the past few years is finally surfacing. I guess it’s a good thing because suppressing that reality has taken so much energy. I feel exhausted all the time and physically weak. I feel like I’m coming out of a fog and looking at the state of things. I haven’t exercised in two months, my eating is up and down, my fluid intake is minimal. From moment to moment my mind seems to be racing in the background. There’s many reasons why but I just don’t feel safe like I can let my guard down yet…not for awhile. I’m functioning, kind of on auto pilot. I work and go home and attempt to fill my spare time with distractions. The grief is overwhelming when I allow it in. There was no easy solution to the mounting problems in our lives. This doesn’t even feel like a solution…just a consequence of dysfunction and neglect. This transition is hard. But I think of what could’ve been. And I feel grateful for life. I feel grateful my kids have their needs met. Right now that is what’s getting me through each day….each moment. That and the vessels that help guide me along the way. These people will never fully know how much they mean to me. <3 o:p="">

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't believe in coincidences

Is it possible that life and death occur outside of God's hand? I know as long as I'm breathing my questions about life and living will never cease. But to let my unanswered questions of life cripple me to the point of not loving and "living" would be a tragedy. It's this thought that keeps me going...searching...for God's loving hand and precious face. I hate that I'm not consistent. That I can't drop everything and go on a quest like buddha did. I don't believe I could abandon my responsibilities to pursue spiritual knowledge. No offense buddha. I was pondering the other day what "reality" is. Is it our consciousness? Our physical being and how it relates to the world around us? Or our spiritual man that will one day depart from this physical world into...eternity? People put so much into what they believe is reality, the physical. "You must make providing for yourself and sustaining yourself the number one priority." I'm ...

Transitions transitions

Life feels like a balancing act of transitions and lulls. When you throw offspring into the mix the transitions come at a faster rate. Each milestone that passes feels like a weight off my shoulders only to be replaced by the oncoming milestones. My child/children have taken precedence over everything for me. I am confident in my identity as a woman and my personal goals/career. On the other hand I feel a deep sense of responsibility to make sure my offspring is given the opportunity to explore themselves and the world. I don't want them to fall into the rat race of life. The dreaded american dream. There is so much more life has to offer. When will they ever learn to be human...rather humane if their time is occupied by a way of living that simply preoccupies the mind? Depression kind of runs in my family. I've noticed living in a society that distracts us with consumerism, competition, "goals", etc. leaves those prone to depression feeling empty. We need spaces th...

constant contemplating

I have so much "mommy stuff" bouncing around in my head I don't know where to start. When I brought home my beautiful baby girl I was under the impression she would eat, sleep, and poop. Well she did eat...A LOT and often. And she definitely knocked out a good amount of diapers a day but the sleep part...not so much. She will be four months officially on monday and she still gets up at night every 2-4 hrs to eat and naps for 30min-1hr throughout the day. "Will I ever sleep through the night again?" is a question I ask myself once a week. She is growing so well and is pretty stinkin smart I have no cause for concern...other than my selfish desires. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I should start introducing food, there is so much information out there when it comes to parenting crap that I don't even know whats right! Instead of getting stressed out I think I'll go with the flow and wait on my baby to determine a lot of these steps. For now the o...