When did my anger begin?
Was there ever a time of contentment in this life?
My soul can go back
I do remember
Simple things used to bring joy
Popsicles
Bike rides
Playing tag with friends
But growing pains came
The love and security at home remained
though it wavered
It remained
I didn't know then the internal turmoil of those around me
The decisions that were made at the expense of others
How could you
The anger and confusion clouds the memories of the past
What was real?
I try to ground myself but the knot in my stomach interrupts my futile attempts
Time
I ask you please do your work
Bring healing
Ease my anger
Teach me forgiveness
Show me there is a better way
Was there ever a time of contentment in this life?
My soul can go back
I do remember
Simple things used to bring joy
Popsicles
Bike rides
Playing tag with friends
But growing pains came
The love and security at home remained
though it wavered
It remained
I didn't know then the internal turmoil of those around me
The decisions that were made at the expense of others
How could you
The anger and confusion clouds the memories of the past
What was real?
I try to ground myself but the knot in my stomach interrupts my futile attempts
Time
I ask you please do your work
Bring healing
Ease my anger
Teach me forgiveness
Show me there is a better way
Comments
Post a Comment