I am constantly having to ask myself
"What is my life focused on?"
I guess thats why it says "Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]." Rom. 12:2
I notice that if I don't DAILY put my mind on the Lord I get lost in a sea of irritations, philosophy, worldly knowledge, random bull such as you tube etc.
This is the life of an american that has every necessity to sustain a comfortable life. We fight our wandering minds. But can we even do that? Or do we simply let things "go with the flow" and allow whatever comes our way to determine our focus?
I've decided no.
I won't allow this anymore. I mentally feel like the Israelites in the desert...going in circles for years on end. I'm praying and begging the Lord to allow me into the promised land. That like Caleb I can say "I'm ready to take ahold of what is mine Lord. Release me into the place you have for me." That I won't be afraid to be a "fanatic" that being enamored by the Spirit will be a strength not an embarrassment. I guess it boils down to what are my priorities?
I'm sorry if you're a reader and I repeat myself a lot but really I do go in circles haha. Thats a point of frustration for me but I'm hoping that frustration can be harnessed to push me towards seeking the Lord.
Jesus awaken us
Burn us up
Let us follow you without caution and without resistance
"If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied." 1 Cor. 15:19
"What is my life focused on?"
I guess thats why it says "Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]." Rom. 12:2
I notice that if I don't DAILY put my mind on the Lord I get lost in a sea of irritations, philosophy, worldly knowledge, random bull such as you tube etc.
This is the life of an american that has every necessity to sustain a comfortable life. We fight our wandering minds. But can we even do that? Or do we simply let things "go with the flow" and allow whatever comes our way to determine our focus?
I've decided no.
I won't allow this anymore. I mentally feel like the Israelites in the desert...going in circles for years on end. I'm praying and begging the Lord to allow me into the promised land. That like Caleb I can say "I'm ready to take ahold of what is mine Lord. Release me into the place you have for me." That I won't be afraid to be a "fanatic" that being enamored by the Spirit will be a strength not an embarrassment. I guess it boils down to what are my priorities?
I'm sorry if you're a reader and I repeat myself a lot but really I do go in circles haha. Thats a point of frustration for me but I'm hoping that frustration can be harnessed to push me towards seeking the Lord.
Jesus awaken us
Burn us up
Let us follow you without caution and without resistance
"If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied." 1 Cor. 15:19
My pastor preached on this today. He has a free podcast - Nathan Lino. Should be up by Wed, check it out
ReplyDelete