Skip to main content

Being aware

"Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey it's lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law, but under grace." Romans 5:12-14

So recently I watched Don't Need You Anymore: The Herstory of Riot Grrrl and it really reminded me of my passion for building up the female side of the body of Christ. There are so many issues specific to women that are dear to me because of my testimony and where God has brought me from. I have a few of those issues in mind while writing this so bear with me hopefully I'll make sense.
The above scripture can mean different things for men and women but it's pretty similar I think. Our lusts range from food to sex to alcohol/addictions and God is very aware of every last one of them. So God being aware of our weakness to lusts He constantly commands us to FLEE from even a hint of lust/sin. Many other religions agree with the idea of depriving oneself from indulgences (God's word is truth across the board!). The purpose of not playing with lusts is not that we won't enjoy life it's so that we can be FREE in Christ. I firmly believe we have to make choices every day that will keep us from sin and choices to draw us to Christ. And just because we abstain from lusts doesn't mean we're automatically in communion with the Lord. That's a whole other story.

If we believe God's word and claim Christianity we are no longer bound to sin and we are no longer the boss over our lives. We have to reevaluate everything we do. Life should change. We must allow God to change our hearts from the inside out.

One thing that I have come to learn through marrying a man is that men are a different breed! lol Not in a bad way just different. We as women are so clueless as to the things that men go through. They mentally process things differently than us women do. They are sexually wired differently than we are. Thats just naming a few. Sisters in Christ must begin to take into consideration their brothers in the church. The same goes for men (maybe more so!). Girls the way you act/dress has to change once you claim the body of Christ as your family. Church is not a place to go put your feet up and act like your home alone. Guys too! How horrible would it be if a brother struggling with porn/lust couldn't even concentrate at church because the women were dressed too hoochie? News flash happens every sunday and the girls are usually clueless! Wake up women. Seriously. We are more than pretty faces/legs/chests. We are strong and need to walk in love not in selfishness. I may be the only one that feels this way but I have heard too many guys struggling silently while "christian" women prance around in booty shorts. Lets get real. These are our brothers and we should love them enough to be considerate! Now I'm on my soap box lol but this has been my hearts cry for years. Lust and sexual sin isn't a joke it's very real and very hard to deal with when temptation is around every corner including in the church. This outcry is not out of condemnation but of admonishment for the women in the church to move beyond what society deems acceptable and maturing in the Lord. We have to move forward as women and not rely on what we're taught but truly seek God and His spirit. We are the foundation of society and if we are jacked up everything will be jacked up. I've realized being a mother that everything I do/say effects my family and ripples out into my immediate family/friends/ and church. Women and girls are going to have to get to a point where they think for themselves and strongly question societies values and norms. God calls us away from what everyone else is doing. He longs to create a culture that revolves around our love for Him and our love for each other. I may be crazy for writing this but I would rather be crazy for something that I believe God has laid on my heart than for something fleeting and pointless.

God please have mercy on us your daughters. Draw us together to love each other and most importantly love you. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't believe in coincidences

Is it possible that life and death occur outside of God's hand? I know as long as I'm breathing my questions about life and living will never cease. But to let my unanswered questions of life cripple me to the point of not loving and "living" would be a tragedy. It's this thought that keeps me going...searching...for God's loving hand and precious face. I hate that I'm not consistent. That I can't drop everything and go on a quest like buddha did. I don't believe I could abandon my responsibilities to pursue spiritual knowledge. No offense buddha. I was pondering the other day what "reality" is. Is it our consciousness? Our physical being and how it relates to the world around us? Or our spiritual man that will one day depart from this physical world into...eternity? People put so much into what they believe is reality, the physical. "You must make providing for yourself and sustaining yourself the number one priority." I'm ...

Transitions transitions

Life feels like a balancing act of transitions and lulls. When you throw offspring into the mix the transitions come at a faster rate. Each milestone that passes feels like a weight off my shoulders only to be replaced by the oncoming milestones. My child/children have taken precedence over everything for me. I am confident in my identity as a woman and my personal goals/career. On the other hand I feel a deep sense of responsibility to make sure my offspring is given the opportunity to explore themselves and the world. I don't want them to fall into the rat race of life. The dreaded american dream. There is so much more life has to offer. When will they ever learn to be human...rather humane if their time is occupied by a way of living that simply preoccupies the mind? Depression kind of runs in my family. I've noticed living in a society that distracts us with consumerism, competition, "goals", etc. leaves those prone to depression feeling empty. We need spaces th...

constant contemplating

I have so much "mommy stuff" bouncing around in my head I don't know where to start. When I brought home my beautiful baby girl I was under the impression she would eat, sleep, and poop. Well she did eat...A LOT and often. And she definitely knocked out a good amount of diapers a day but the sleep part...not so much. She will be four months officially on monday and she still gets up at night every 2-4 hrs to eat and naps for 30min-1hr throughout the day. "Will I ever sleep through the night again?" is a question I ask myself once a week. She is growing so well and is pretty stinkin smart I have no cause for concern...other than my selfish desires. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I should start introducing food, there is so much information out there when it comes to parenting crap that I don't even know whats right! Instead of getting stressed out I think I'll go with the flow and wait on my baby to determine a lot of these steps. For now the o...