I felt lead to read Ecclesiastes 5:1-7 today and the whole passage spoke to me but this stood out the most
"Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few."
I find myself rambling when I pray "God I'm an idiot...please help me with this...help me with that...I'm sorry I suck at life" etc etc
But I think God was telling me "shhh I already know what's going on so calm down"
Why do we worry?
Are we crazy enough to think that worrying will do us good and help our situation?
Or do we just want to occupy our time with worrying instead of getting on our knees and painfully letting go and surrendering to Gods will?
It's definitely hard to let up my death grip on a lot of things.
But my efforts are futile so I must put my hope in the Lord...where else can I put it? In myself? gah no...bad idea.
I keep asking God to soften my heart but when He does it kind of hurts.
Well cheer up emo kid...or as Peter would say "Lord to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have believed and have come to know that you are the holy one of God."
Thank you Lord that I have hope in you.
"Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on the earth; therefore let your words be few."
I find myself rambling when I pray "God I'm an idiot...please help me with this...help me with that...I'm sorry I suck at life" etc etc
But I think God was telling me "shhh I already know what's going on so calm down"
Why do we worry?
Are we crazy enough to think that worrying will do us good and help our situation?
Or do we just want to occupy our time with worrying instead of getting on our knees and painfully letting go and surrendering to Gods will?
It's definitely hard to let up my death grip on a lot of things.
But my efforts are futile so I must put my hope in the Lord...where else can I put it? In myself? gah no...bad idea.
I keep asking God to soften my heart but when He does it kind of hurts.
Well cheer up emo kid...or as Peter would say "Lord to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We have believed and have come to know that you are the holy one of God."
Thank you Lord that I have hope in you.
This spoke very deeply to Cindie and I as we are going through this right now. Honestly its a bit creepy how close this is what we were praying about last night.
ReplyDelete@dave haha well the spirit bears witness, it's good to know I'm not alone...or crazy heh <3
ReplyDelete