John 15:9-11
"Just as the Father has loved me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Fathers commandments, and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."
It's amazing how alive scripture really is.
I often neglect reading my bible because I want to be able to focus on what I'm reading and meditate on scripture...excuses excuses. I've learned theres never going to be a perfect time to sit down so I may as well seize ever spare moment I have. Before I even open my bible I usually pray that God would give me scripture so I'm not randomly flipping through and He almost always does.
He pointed me to John 15 and the last scripture jumped out at me "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."
I often wonder why I'm not joyful. Why things don't go exactly the way I want them or why my lifes goals and dreams sit on the wayside. I pretty much have to interrupt myself when I go on these tangents and realize that I'm dwelling on things of this world. God clearly tells me over and over again in His word that this life is not mine and that I should focus on His kingdom. How cruel of God...to neglect my feelings and dreams and personal inward thoughts. Wait wait...that scripture said that He wanted His JOY in me...and not only that but He wanted it to be made FULL. I guess I forget that his commandments aren't there just for reading...they're there for my joy! I rarely relate the law to joy but amazingly God does. I really need a more jewish perspective. Jews believe the Torah is one of Gods greatest gifts to man and I think they got it right on.
Many "christian" words have a negative connotation to me because of them being perverted by religious people. Words like "law" and "repentance" but the more I read the Word the more I see that these are wonderful opportunities that God has given us.
If we seize the opportunity to abide in Lord we will keep His commandments. If we take the opportunity to repent we will receive forgiveness...amazing.
I'm constantly having to let the Lord reprogram my mind. For so long I just accepted what I heard in church instead of seeking for myself...or even worse I would misinterpret what I heard without weighing all of scripture.
I hope all of that was cohesive (probably not). Anyway I feel myself moving forward...slowly...but still moving. Thank you Lord for your precious Word.
"Just as the Father has loved me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Fathers commandments, and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."
It's amazing how alive scripture really is.
I often neglect reading my bible because I want to be able to focus on what I'm reading and meditate on scripture...excuses excuses. I've learned theres never going to be a perfect time to sit down so I may as well seize ever spare moment I have. Before I even open my bible I usually pray that God would give me scripture so I'm not randomly flipping through and He almost always does.
He pointed me to John 15 and the last scripture jumped out at me "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."
I often wonder why I'm not joyful. Why things don't go exactly the way I want them or why my lifes goals and dreams sit on the wayside. I pretty much have to interrupt myself when I go on these tangents and realize that I'm dwelling on things of this world. God clearly tells me over and over again in His word that this life is not mine and that I should focus on His kingdom. How cruel of God...to neglect my feelings and dreams and personal inward thoughts. Wait wait...that scripture said that He wanted His JOY in me...and not only that but He wanted it to be made FULL. I guess I forget that his commandments aren't there just for reading...they're there for my joy! I rarely relate the law to joy but amazingly God does. I really need a more jewish perspective. Jews believe the Torah is one of Gods greatest gifts to man and I think they got it right on.
Many "christian" words have a negative connotation to me because of them being perverted by religious people. Words like "law" and "repentance" but the more I read the Word the more I see that these are wonderful opportunities that God has given us.
If we seize the opportunity to abide in Lord we will keep His commandments. If we take the opportunity to repent we will receive forgiveness...amazing.
I'm constantly having to let the Lord reprogram my mind. For so long I just accepted what I heard in church instead of seeking for myself...or even worse I would misinterpret what I heard without weighing all of scripture.
I hope all of that was cohesive (probably not). Anyway I feel myself moving forward...slowly...but still moving. Thank you Lord for your precious Word.
Comments
Post a Comment